Do you hear these things in your company?
- “I didn’t know you were working on that.”
- “That’s great news! Why didn’t you tell me?”
- “I was working on that too.”
- “I could have helped if you told me.”
- “Things are chaotic and moving too fast.”
What if I said you could quickly eliminate issues around communication and execution if you started one new practice a day? Have a Daily Huddle! It takes discipline, a leader committed to the process and only 8-10 minutes a day.
Here’s how it works:
- Bring your team together at the same time everyday (use an “off” minute to start, such as 8:07am).
- Conduct the huddle standing up.
- Everyone needs to be prepared to answer:
– What is one piece of good news from yesterday?
– What is your most important priority for today?
– Where are you stuck or need help?
- The leader goes around the circle three times, asking one question per round.
- No problem-solving or extra discussion (the huddle is for raising problems, not solving them).
- Bookmark items to review/discuss after the huddle.
Each leadership team member then conducts a separate huddle with their team (the team they lead). Keep cascading this down in the organization.
By having a Daily Huddle you will:
- Speed things up in your organization
- Ensure teamwork
- Heal relationships
Try it for 30 days. I’m confident it will become part of your daily practice!